The o4a Annual Conference on Aging is Ohio's largest conference on home
and community-based care for over 25 years! This conference offers
attendees new resources, innovative products and services, expert
information and key contacts.
Over 400 professionals, advocates, and volunteers representing
organizations in the aging network will be present. Each year, these
individuals look to o4a’s statewide conference for new resources,
innovative products and services, expert information, and key contacts.
They want to hear about your organization.
Save the date! Our Annual Conference on Aging,
the largest HCBS conference in Ohio, will take place November 8 &
9, 2016, at the Hilton Easton Columbus. We'll see you there!
Pre-Conference Intensives - Assisting People with Disabilities: Centers for Independent Living Perspectives
- Life after Obergefell v. Hodges – Aging and Disability Services: How to Identify and Remove Barriers for LGBT Older
Concurrent Workshops I- Ethics: Its Principles, Practices and Parameters
- Promising Trends and Tools for Supporting Caregivers
- Stepping up the Fight Against Elder Abuse: Strengthening Adult Protective Services and Expanding the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Grants
- Supported Decision-Making for Older Adults with Cognitive Impairment
Concurrent Workshops II
- Ohio Medicaid Updates, Kim Donica
- Integrating Behavioral Health and Health Care: Collaborating with Long-Term Services and Support
- Hearing Health Care at the End of Life, Dr. Bethany Gonczy
Choice and Control: Putting Ohioans First, Suzanne Crisp
Concurrent Workshops III- Telehealth 2015: Evolving Chronic Disease Management, David Chmielewski
- Title III-B Legal Services and Beyond: Legal Assistance Resources in Ohio
Closing SessionLegacies of the New Deal and the Great Society: Where Are We Now, and What Lies Ahead? Kevin Prindiville